Friday, March 18, 2011

Duh

A quick, funny anecdote from the airport. As I was waiting for my flight, I detected the unmistakable strains of a selection from Subliminal’s debut album HaOr V’HaTzel. I whirled around trying to determine which of the pitch-black faces around me might number the iconic Israeli gangster rapper among their musical preferences. I mean, really, “Yadayim Bashamayim” in the midst of Jomo Kenyatta International Airport? WTF? My mind reeled as I tried to rate the relative likelihood of the people within my listening radius to stock that tune, and select who I would interrogate as to how they got turned on to Israeli hip-hop in the middle of East Africa. As my survey yielded no one who was even listening to music, let alone that music, the reality sheepishly dawned on me. I opened my laptop back and turned off my iPod nano which had gone off with my regularly scheduled wake-up alarm on shuffle. Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment